New Year Message 2015
Bishop Efraim M. Tendero, D.D., D.L.
National Director, Philippine Council of Evangelical Churches
Faith factor for 2015
We welcome the New Year with great expectations and anticipation for a bright future, but with struggles we face as a nation.
Using the “Faith Factor”, we can expect 2015 to be one of our best years. Just like the people of Israel in the midst of problems and difficulties, they were encouraged by the prophet to move forward with confidence.
How can we do that? Using the “Faith Factor”, we can:
1. Forget the past setbacks (vv. 1-4). They had the reproach of being barren and widowed but they were called to enlarge their dwelling place and “spread abroad to the right and to the left” (v. 3). Our past failures and setbacks should not hinder our progress today.
2. Acknowledge the power of God (vv. 5-6). We can move with confidence because our help comes from God. He is described as the God of the whole earth, the Lord Almighty and our Redeemer. Nothing is impossible with Him.
3. Immerse on the promises of God (vv. 7-10). God is the compassionate and covenant-keeping God who promised that though the mountains be shaken, His unfailing love and covenant of peace will not be removed.
4. Trust the plan of God (vv. 11-14). The people who were once afflicted and destroyed will have a glorious future. From the ashes they will be rebuilt to a place of beauty, peace and righteousness.
5. Hold on to the protection of God (vv. 15-17). No one will be allowed to defeat God’s people, for even all the enemies are under Gods control and whoever attacks us will surrender to us. Isaiah said “No weapon that is fashioned against you shall succeed.” Peace and safety are the heritage of those who trust in the Lord.
Let us welcome 2015 with such faith factor that as we put our trust and confidence in the God of the universe, we are confident that whatever challenges, problems and difficulties 2015 will bring, we are able to overcome.