5 of the best wisdom-filled advice from Christian homes
The home is where our character is first formed, and our parents’ timeless words of wisdom are one of the firsts to shape our character. Sure, we can get several doses of pep talks from them at any given day. But there are the golden pieces of advice that stand out and stick to us even as grown-up children.
We gathered five of the well-remembered ones here:
- Always put God first in everything. When we seek Him first, we get His perspective and we make decisions based on His wisdom.
- Learn to wait for God’s perfect timing. In connection, when we have His wisdom through His word, we trust the purpose and time He set for everything.
- Help without asking for anything in return. It is so much more fulfilling to be on the giving end, especially in a time like this when people in need are just within our reach. If we have the capacity to help, let’s do it without reservations.
- Be hardworking and responsible. Speaking of capacity to help, let’s make it our motivation to work harder wherever God has placed us. Along with that, let us be good steward of our blessings by giivng to the Lord what is His and providing for our families.
- Be humble and kind. No matter how far you go and succeed in life, be grounded in kindness and humility. With the Lord’s favor, these values could take you to even greater lengths.
We salute all the Proverbs 22:6 parents out there! “Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.”
Have we missed on a golden advice you remember from your parents? Let us know in the comments!